Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Cancer and the Holidays

Since it appears there are no viewers of my blog, I may as well just unload what's on my mind and use it as a diary where I can vent. And believe me - venting is needed if you have any illness, but especially if you have Cancer and it's the Holidays. 

The one thing I keep getting told is to lower my stress level. Thank you doctors - don't you think I would if I could?! Here's how November and Thanksgiving went. I found out that my dad's pacemaker had quit working (again) and he had to have heart surgery (again) but it had to be postponed due to the fact that they didn't think he would make it thru the surgery since he was so weak. Then if that wasn't enough,  a week before the scheduled surgery for his pacemaker, mom calls to tell me dad has had a mini stroke! This was all before Thanksgiving and he is still having major problems (just not with his heart thank god). With everything going on, trying to help them from almost 2000 miles away, I decided to take a break from my doctors.  Mike and I talked about it and decided to wait until the New Year to try to find a better doctor for me and decided where and what to do from that point. 

Meanwhile after some extensive research I have learned the VERY BEST doctors for Carcinoid Cancer are in of 3 places: New Your City, Los Angeles and New Orleans. GREAT!!! We don't have that kind of money and we don't know anyone in any of those places. Heck, after 10 years of dr bills, drugs, tests and now more of the same - we are pretty much BROKE! So now we have to figure out what our next step is. Maybe a Fund Me Now account? Maybe just letting God take it in his hands? I don't know and I'm just so scared and confused and this is about the only place I can write these thoughts because if I say it to Mike he gets mad, talking to my mom makes her cry and I don't have any friends close enough to talk to about this. I don't know if there are any support groups in the area for Carcinoid Cancer but that might be another option to consider.

So that's where we are as of Dec 29, 2015.....and I was Diagnosed July 1, 2015. Pretty sad in my opinion. I'm left holding the rope and haven't a clue. Shouldn't the dr's be helping me figure all this out??????

Now that I've vented I feel a little better. Sorry but there will be more venting in the future I'm sure. If I'm not back in a few days I'd like to wish everyone A HAPPY AND HEALTH NEW YEAR!!!!





Until Next Time~
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment